Posted by Tanmay | Posted in Themes, Tutorials, Tweaks, Windows Mobile 6.5, Windows Phone 7 | Posted on 22-03-2010
Windows Phone 7 Series is going to have an entirely new and very unique User Interface. Microsoft calls this the Metro UI. The speciality of this UI is that it focuses on the Content rather than graphical elements like Icons.
Information is shown in big bold letters and the Start menu is composed of a concept called ‘Live Tiles’.
Microsoft disappointed everyone by leaving out any existing Windows Mobile Phone from getting a WP7S upgrade. But that doesn’t mean you can’t try out the new UI on your current Windows Mobile.
Many Modders and Designers out there are trying to get the Windows Phone 7 experience onto your WinMo device.
The Best WP7S theme I came so far was one by ‘arley12’ an XDA Forums member.
His Theme is based on the Throttle Launcher Shell UI.
Check out the Theme in action, its almost indistinguishable from the actual WP7S Interface :
The Theme is still not 100% complete and is a work in progress. Here’s what we have so far :
- Scrollable home page and apps launcher
- Animated real contacts on home page
- Animated pictures tile with different thumbs from user selected folder
- Animated "Me" tile for owner info (customizable photo)
- Animated contacts tiles for People hub
- People hub
- Games hub
- Ability to select an Xbox LIVE Avatar (animates on home screen)
- Five color patterns for the tiles (Blue, Red, Green, Dark Blue, Yellow)
- Custom taskbar with a clock (can revert back to standard WM taskbar)
- Custom WP7S soft keys (can revert back to standard WM keys)
- Battery indicator(Graphics by HDOwner)
- Pin favorite apps on the home page
How to Download and Install :